Want to grow your business this year? Inbound Marketing requires us to revise and adapt our tactics to meet shifts in consumer behaviour. Don't get lost in the digital marketing wave in 2018, keep up.
While business consumers continue to reject traditional marketing strategies, they are ever more interested in gathering information to learn about your products and services before considering a sales purchase- all without all the pressure of a pushy, interruptive sales pitch.
In 2018, marketers will be investing more in inbound efforts, which tracks with the evolving nature of search engines, technology and the customer-centric world we live in today.
Important statistics that prove the ROI of Inbound Marketing
- 44% of B2B Marketers have a documented Inbound Marketing strategy. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Mid-sized businesses save 31% on Inbound Marketing costs compared to paid search. (Eloqua)
- Inbound leads cost 61% less on average than outbound leads. (HubSpot)
- The average cost per lead drops 80% after 5 months of consistent Inbound Marketing. (Eloqua)
4 Reasons Inbound Marketing Will Dominate Singapore Businesses In 2018
1. Inbound Attracts & Retains The Right Customers
Unlike outbound marketing, inbound marketing does not need to fight for potential customers attention. By integrating effectual content marketing practices, inbound marketing attracts qualified prospects and builds trust and credibility for your business by 'pulling' them towards your company and product.
The inbound marketing methodology uses a buyer’s journey model to attract people and qualify them as high-quality leads who could actually become delighted customers.
Inbound marketing is focused on getting found by your best potential customers in these distinctive ways:
- Attract highly qualified customers to your business.
- The best practices for inbound marketing will save you from wasted time and effort.
- Motivate people to find and engage with your company.
- Creates an appealing position that is valued by your best prospects.
- Turn your leads into clients.
- Applies tools that help make the process easier.
2. Inbound Is Cost Effective
Companies that utilize inbound content platforms and offer buyer persona driven content see a 45% increase in the volume of Sales Accepted Leads (SALs). (Kapost)
One of the most dramatic data points from the research of Hubspot's report is the dramatic reduction in cost per lead from inbound marketing tactics as opposed to more traditional advertising tactics.
Effective inbound marketing converts visitors at every stage of the sales funnel. It improves the ROI of all of your marketing efforts and channels.
By integrating inbound strategies into your SEO campaigns, you’ll improve your sales funnel and convert more users without increasing your SEO spend. Similarly, if more visitors are providing you with their information and following up with a purchase as a result of your inbound marketing efforts, you can justify higher advertising spend to attract more leads. (Impressive, 2017)
Measuring Your ROI
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Customer Lifetime Value : Customer Acquisition Cost
- Conversion Rates
3. Inbound Conveniences And Organises Marketing Processes With Marketing Automation
44% of brands that use marketing automation software see ROI within 6 months, while 75% see ROI after one year. (Groove Digital Marketing)
What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is a software used to automate strategic marketing actions with a highly personalized touch. Rather than have people in your department send out emails, post to social media, and perform various web actions, these tasks are automated to blast to the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
Not only is marketing automation cost effective for companies in terms of paid manpower hours, it also allows for transparent tracking so companies can see just how successful their various campaigns are in measurable areas.
Marketing automation also makes things easier by weeding out sold leads and nurturing relevant prospects with the type of content they will love channeling them through the funnel where they will gain your trust and become a delighted buyer.
How does marketing automation benefit you?
- Improve accountability of marketing and sales teams
- Refine your marketing processes
- Target potential customers across multiple channels
- Facilitate A/B testings accurately
- Boost customer lifetime value
- Manage your social media campaigns organizedly
Read the related articles below to find out in depth why your business needs marketing automation:
7 Ways To Increase Sales With Marketing Automation
How Marketing Automation Can Help You Save Time And Money 7 Marketing Automation Benefits According To Great Marketers
4. Inbound Takes SEO & Make It Better
Today, the best SEO companies use inbound marketing to drive content, and let their clients rank organically through the 4 stages of attract, convert, close and delight.
How content and inbound marketing has become the new mindset of SEO
Over the years, with updates like Panda and Penguin, Google has made some changes targeted at countering black-hat SEO. Changes to its algorithm in recent months, though, have taken on a different nature and seem to indicate a more momentous shift in search as a whole. While keywords and inbound links will always be important, as we examine these recent trends, it seems as though in the future, they won't stand alone as primary factors in your website's search rank.
Your SEO needs content and inbound marketing
Businesses today cannot ignore content and inbound marketing for SEO if they want an effective online presence. If you want to be successful with Google finding your content, you need to be optimising it. Hence, content marketing is a huge part of SEO. Listen up marketers, content marketing should be the focus of your investment if you want to achieve profitable online exposure for your business, regardless your industry.
- According to Andrey Lipattsev, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, high quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website for search. (Source: Search Engine Watch, 2016)
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by as much as 111%. (Source: Backlinko, 2016)
- 62% of B2B marketers and 51% of B2C marketers have optimized their blogs for mobile in order to improve SEO. (Source: Social Media Examiner, 2016)
Inbound marketing is already transforming the way we reach out to our prospects.
Wouldn't you feel appreciated and rewarded by good customer services who have served your needs well?
This is exactly similar to what Inbound Marketing is achieving for your customers – A tailored and targeted website experience so your customers will feel connected with your product.
Inbound marketing is reliable as marketers can analyse the results of their digital effort; giving them greater ease to change marketing tactics to reach and connect with customers more precisely.
You are able to track and measure your marketing’s performance through metrics like website traffic, conversion rates, click-through rates, on-screen time, etc.
Download our advanced inbound marketing eBook to get a step-by-step guide with a full load of information for your business application, below.